Resin

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pieter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pieter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2024
Messages
33
Reaction score
75
Location
South Africa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, this is a great site. I am from South Africa. Just bought a new 6stage RODI water machine. Is the resin in those machines the same that we get from suppliers like AF? Or should I change it?

Thank You
 
DI Resin, there are different types and brands but they are all similar in that they are beads with an ionic charge that grab ions from the water with the opposite charge to strip the water of ions to make deionized water. The ones that came with the unit should be fine if they reduce the TDS to zero.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new