ResSea reefled 90’s & coral growth

Nikoliter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 250 with two reefled 90’s from Red Sea. My tank is 1.5 years old. I have not been able to grow any zoas or ricorida mushroom. I have a couple in the tank and they have never split or grown. I have some acro which is growing slow. No polyp extension. My nitrates and phosphates had been zero but I think I just fixed that last week be dosing some neonitro and phosphates.

i have a nuclear green goniopora which has grown like a weed and is doing tremendous. This is my only coral that has grown. I bought an amazeball Goni a month ago and it hardly opens up so I have not been able to repeat my success with it.

I was curious if others have used the Red Sea reef led 90’s and how much success you have had and what percentages you have ran your lights at.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero nitrates and phosphates could be your problem. There could also be other issues with water parameters. You may want to post a screenshot of your lighting schedule so other owners of ReefLEDs can have a look (without knowing your settings it’s hard to speculate).

OP
OP
N

Nikoliter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my light schedule currently, but I have been adjusting the intensity down. My blues peak out at 60% right now. My zoas open up more, if I cross 80 percent they don’t fully open up. I have no idea what the par is. I guess I rent a meter. As I said, my nitrates and phosphates had been zero up until the last week. I just started dosing to fix that issue. All other parameters I think are reasonable:

Alk -8.5
Calcium 420
Magnesium: 1400
Salinity: 1.027
nitrates are now 5.

3CF9A12A-384A-4376-8924-DA7137E7BEF6.png

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think your nitrates are 0 or phos for that matter. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean that's its not present. It could be getting used. By algea, corals and gas exchange.

maybe it's the cloud period that's throwing your corals for a loop. On my tank they hate changes in lighting especially effects and colors that I think are cool. I killed an anemone by mucking about with the pretty features....

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 27.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back