Restarting Tank- Need a bunch of items

andrewey

View Badges
Reaction score
I took a hiatus from the hobby for the past two years and will be restarting a new tank. As such, there are a ton of simple items I'm going to have to buy again. Before I do, I figured I would check here in case anyone wants to do some "spring cleaning". I'll be updating this list as I remember items I'll need. Shoot me a message with what items you have. Will likely need to be shipped to VA.

1: Test Kits for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate - just need this to monitor the beginning cycle. As such, don't need that many tests.
2: Test kits for calcium, phosphate, kh, magnesium
2: Refractometer
3: Black Box LED light
4: Magfloat
5: Any leftover bacteria in a bottle products (stability, microbacter 7, dr. tims, etc.)
6. Small powerhead for mixing (something like a maxijet or another robust easy powerhead)
7. 10-20lbs dry rock
8. Fish pellets (will be using for cycle, if I can't find, I'll likely just use pure ammonia).

Top Shelf Aquatics

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Bought my Dr Tims One and Only bottles on Chewy.com ( bought a bunch of the 2 oz bottles which are much much cheaper than any of the other aquatic sites). Don't forget to buy the Ammondium Chloride as well.

Top Shelf Aquatics

devolver02

View Badges
Reaction score
I have 4 mars aqua 300 watt lights that id like to sell. pm me for a price. im a little far away but I think I could ship pretty easy

OP
andrewey

andrewey

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, I've now sourced the dry rock, fish food, refractometer, light, and bacteria.

Are you taking preventative measures to keep nuisance algae at bay?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 235 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 81 15.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 213 39.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors