Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C8E18DED-450B-408F-A258-AEE712023088.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll second the nice truck comment, such an exciting time!! I remember when I had mine loaded up into the truck the forklift operator went in to push it into the bed deeper and when he lifted it the ends of the forks went right up into the bottom of the skid cause the truck was on a slope. I dang near had a stroke thinking he had just shattered the bottom panel. Luckily Miracles used a hardwood skid then another 1/2" sheet of ply and 1" foam ontop of that. The forks only cracked the hardwood on the skid and didn't do anything else.

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, have most of the plumbing dry fitted ,, need to pick up a few more fittings in the morning.
The scape caused a few problems ,, it’s all good now :) What caused the problems was that Reef Savvy external overflow box ,, the overflow’s on that box sit lower in the tank compared to a standard overflow box ,, that made the scape to high in the tank ,, My SPS corals at the top of the scape would have had only 1 inch of water over them ,,
The solution to the problem was to take a band saw to the feet of the scape and have the scape sit lower in the tank ,, problem solved :)
I will get the plumbing done in the next couple of days ,,, then it’s time for water ,,

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, have most of the plumbing dry fitted ,, need to pick up a few more fittings in the morning.
The scape caused a few problems ,, it’s all good now :) What caused the problems was that Reef Savvy external overflow box ,, the overflow’s on that box sit lower in the tank compared to a standard overflow box ,, that made the scape to high in the tank ,, My SPS corals at the top of the scape would have had only 1 inch of water over them ,,
The solution to the problem was to take a band saw to the feet of the scape and have the scape sit lower in the tank ,, problem solved :)
I will get the plumbing done in the next couple of days ,,, then it’s time for water ,,

I'm going to need to see pictures of the overflow :p:)

So I can see what I missed out on ofcourse;)

..... and the rest of the tank ofcourse!

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You soon found a solution to that problem lol. Now there's a man who has a goal insight [emoji123] [emoji123]. Don't work to fast. I did that. Now having to wait weeeeeks for the cycle [emoji23]. Fortunately for me I've found something els to build while I wait.

Can't wait to see your stocked.

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ,, Got the house cleaned up ,, its back to normal :) Tank has cleared up ,, will get ya'll a updated pic later today. I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get the 4 Radions into the reef link ,, was having a problem ,, as a last resort before I decided it was over my head and couldn't figure out what the problem was ,, I decided to unplug the reef link and plug it back in ,,, that was the problem ,, went smoothly after that ,, just took me 6 hours to figure that out :)

I said at the start I would give you my thoughts on this Mircales Aquarium ,, its Top Notch ,, quality work ,, no bad silcone work ,, they were awesome to work with ,, I would buy from them again ,,,

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sent a message to Battle Corals :) not in any hurry for frags ,, I am figuring at least 30 days out before shipping ,, will see what Adam suggest ,, figured I would at least get the ball rolling on a frag pack ,, I want a large frag pack ,, I have a lot of places to mount SPS frags ,, I need enough to at least not make the scape look bare lol I bought a SPS frag pack from AV99 a couple of months before I decided to take the old tank down ,, those frags are doing good in a friends tank ,, I lost one or two :( I still have 8 or 9 frags ,, I also have got a SPS frag or two from friends that I can use for test pieces ,, I dosed the tank with a bottle of Dr Tims yesterday ,, will wait a week and go get the LFS to do a water test ,, see where the tank is at ,, no fish in the tank right now ,, figured I would wait till after that water test ,, I ordered a nice screen top from Artfully Acrylic yesterday ,, 6 to 8 weeks to get it in though :( I have a bunch of zoas that can go into the tank ,, also have a few really nice Chalices ,, I need to get a tester chalice before I put the nice ones in the tank ,,

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry about your wife.

Your new tank is awesome!! I am looking forward to watching this grow out. Congratulations on retirement. Also you were asking about a gyre on the back, I think it would work, or two more mp40 or mp10. Or gyre on the left or right side and mp40’s on the back. Your scape is going to allow for great flow. You ordered my dream tank. My tank is 60”x18”x24” tall. Flow is a problem due to the 18” front to back and center overflow. I’m running a mp60 and mp40, and thinking the gyre or more mp’s. I am looking forward to see how this works flow wise for you.

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I forgot to post :) not sure how its going to work out ,, will just have to see ,, I mounted both of the Mp40s on the back glass ,, one on either side of that overflow box ,, about 5 or 6 inches away from the box and down a bit ,, no power heads on the sides of the tank ,, at least at this time ,, that may have to change though ,, will see,,

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I forgot to post :) not sure how its going to work out ,, will just have to see ,, I mounted both of the Mp40s on the back glass ,, one on either side of that overflow box ,, about 5 or 6 inches away from the box and down a bit ,, no power heads on the sides of the tank ,, at least at this time ,, that may have to change though ,, will see,,
This is how I have mine set up. Although no live stock yet, it does give a very nice flow pattern from when I tested with micro bubbles. But time will tell. [emoji846]

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a water sample in to the LFS yesterday ,, tank still has a trace of Ammonia & Nitrites ,, I will take another water sample in tomorrow. I also ordered a large SPS frag pack from Adam over at Battle Corals ,, I know its kinda early for that ,, but I want to give Adam plenty of time to work on putting a frag pack together for me ,, I don't like ordering a pack like this ,, and then have the vendor think I want it yesterday ,,

I want to add two tangs to my tank ,, a Achlis Tang and a Powder Blue Tang ,, I was going to order them at the same time ,, but the LFS has the Powder Blue in the shop ,, see what the owners suggest ,, might buy the Powder Blue that he has ,, then work on the Achlis Tang ,, will see . The Tang was sold ,,, thats most likely a good thing ,,

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back