Retrofitting T5 Fixture

Can it run an ATI bulb? Yes.

That being said, I'd be pretty apprehensive about hanging that over an aquarium. The plugs aren't protected from moisture in any visible way. No splash guard for the bulb. No reflector of any kind that I can see, a lot of the output will be wasted and not be directed at the tank.

Is your plan to put this over a DT?

I'm sure others with far more knowledge on the subject will chime in, but I would avoid using that fixture unless it was an emergency.
 
Its for a shallow 8 inch frag tank I can build a custom reflector and install in a hanging hood with a sheet of glass or plastic to guard from splashing or water damage. The watts are correct 24watts and its High Output don't see why it wouldn't work?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new