Return line question

  • Thread starter Thread starter valley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

valley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I hard plumbed my return line using 1" pvc. Originally, the return output on my fish tank was too high above the water line and would make too much noise. So I added some more pvc without gluing and now the return output is just below the water line.

I have clownfish in the tank and I’m wondering if this is safe? Can fish run up the output, go down the return line, and get killed by the return pump?
 
Hello, I hard plumbed my return line using 1" pvc. Originally, the return output on my fish tank was too high above the water line and would make too much noise. So I added some more pvc without gluing and now the return output is just below the water line.

I have clownfish in the tank and I’m wondering if this is safe? Can fish run up the output, go down the return line, and get killed by the return pump?
LOL, no. Not if the pump is running.

Question for you.
Did you drill a small anti-syphone hole on the return?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new