Return pump and skimmer

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

purchasing a cade 1200 S2, I will have to upgrade my skimmer and return pimp

it is 114g display and 135g total. I don’t plan to overstock it. The skimmer market is confusing, looking to spend $400 max.

The return pump I have a Jebao DCT-4000 that does 1086GPH. Should be fine for the new tank but was wondering if I should upgrade. Not looking to spend too much but maybe if I get more for selling the old equipment I can spend some more on it.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

purchasing a cade 1200 S2, I will have to upgrade my skimmer and return pimp

it is 114g display and 135g total. I don’t plan to overstock it. The skimmer market is confusing, looking to spend $400 max.

The return pump I have a Jebao DCT-4000 that does 1086GPH. Should be fine for the new tank but was wondering if I should upgrade. Not looking to spend too much but maybe if I get more for selling the old equipment I can spend some more on it.
I'd definitely get a bigger pump. The present pump would need to run at full power and any head or fittings would diminish flow as well. You can get a good skimmer for less than 300. I prefer orlushy pumps. I have several that are completely silent and they're not so pricey. I've got a 3000 gph on a 75. Lol. It's turned way down and doesn't strain to move water. Good luck with your new tank!

OP
OP
Michael Gentile

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd definitely get a bigger pump. The present pump would need to run at full power and any head or fittings would diminish flow as well. You can get a good skimmer for less than 300. I prefer orlushy pumps. I have several that are completely silent and they're not so pricey. I've got a 3000 gph on a 75. Lol. It's turned way down and doesn't strain to move water. Good luck with your new tank!
I will add them to my research list! I will upgrade the pump, maybe keep this as an emergency backup

Back