Return pump issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
2,625
Reaction score
2,194
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a DC return pump a few months ago and never really used the programs until a month ago.
It started making noise compared to new.
During a clean I found the silicone seal/seat on the shaft had been shredded. This was replaced by warranty and the importer said of the "thousands" he'd sold mine was the first to need replacing.

So it's gone again. I am certain I installed it the correct way with a photo to the importer.

This time I have just wrapped the whole ferrite bearing/silicone seat in PTFE tape. This seems to have fixed the issue but am wondering if this has been a problem for others.

The pump is similar to the Eco Tech Vectra S2 pump. I wonder if the shaft is seated by the same means
 
Not nor
I bought a DC return pump a few months ago and never really used the programs until a month ago.
It started making noise compared to new.
During a clean I found the silicone seal/seat on the shaft had been shredded. This was replaced by warranty and the importer said of the "thousands" he'd sold mine was the first to need replacing.

So it's gone again. I am certain I installed it the correct way with a photo to the importer.

This time I have just wrapped the whole ferrite bearing/silicone seat in PTFE tape. This seems to have fixed the issue but am wondering if this has been a problem for others.

The pump is similar to the Eco Tech Vectra S2 pump. I wonder if the shaft is seated by the same means
Not normal,

You didn't mention the brand?
 
Pics, please. :)
I have now wrapped PTFE tape around the seat.

Have been wondering if a delrin bearing might be a better option

received_1087221688856741[2].jpeg Screenshot_20220823-150521_Messenger[1].jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new