Return pump noob question

Andrew.concepcion

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has tried to connect two pumps in order to increase the flow coming from the sump to the main display tank. I was thinking of maybe placing the uv sterilizer in between as well. Would this work?
 
UV sterilizers work off of slow flow, the slower the better they can work.
I wouldn't use 2 returns into one return line, if its from the sump, all you want it to do is return water from the sump to the display, unrestricted, so as to keep the overflow gph status quo. Theres really no need to go jacking with a return from sump to DT.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new