Return pump options

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a 120gal (48"x24"x24") and am wondering what people's opinions between the Sicce Syncra SDC 7.0 and the EcoTech Vectra M2 DC. Anyone recommend one over the other?

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used any of the SCD models, but I love my Sicce Syncras (1.5, 2.0 and 5.0). Great pumps and I think the SDC's come with a 5 year warranty vs the 1 year on the vectra, so that's something to consider as well.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vectra is quieter and doesn’t vibrate like the SDC! If that one of the features your looking for.

OP
OP
RyanSweet

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used any of the SCD models, but I love my Sicce Syncras (1.5, 2.0 and 5.0). Great pumps and I think the SDC's come with a 5 year warranty vs the 1 year on the vectra, so that's something to consider as well.

I didn't realize the Sicce models come with a 5yr warranty, def thank you for that info.

OP
OP
RyanSweet

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vectra is quieter and doesn’t vibrate like the SDC! If that one of the features your looking for.

Did you have a specific experience with this? I've seen both of running in an experimental tank and neither one made much noise at all. I'm guessing this has to do with the rubber feet (or at least that helps), but don't have long term experience with either one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back