Return pump question

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. I was having some troubles with my vectors s2. It keeps turning off randomly. I took it apart and cleaned it and plugged it back in. It would run for a while and then shut down, but the green light on the controller would still be on and the light would be green not showing any signs of error.
Being frustrated and not wanting to compromise the animals in my tank I ordered a new pump, I went with the vectra m2, couldn’t afford to switch brands. The issue I’m having is the s2 was a 3/4 pipe and barb and the M2 is 1in. I went to Lowe’s but they didn’t have the one inch barb fittings so I was wondering if it would be safe to connect the existing 3/4 in barb to the 1 in pipe to the return. The M2 is 2000gph whole the S2 is 1400gph. Thanks in advance.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any pump. You don’t not want to restrict intake of the pump ( make it smaller) but on the return is ok. Hope that help

OP
OP
Reefdiculous22

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and hooked it up and everything seems fine. I just know some things you don’t wanna do it but I checked the connectors and the one Red Sea provided seemed to be set up for 3/4 so I just did it. Thanks again guys and happy reefing

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. I was having some troubles with my vectors s2. It keeps turning off randomly. I took it apart and cleaned it and plugged it back in. It would run for a while and then shut down, but the green light on the controller would still be on and the light would be green not showing any signs of error.
Being frustrated and not wanting to compromise the animals in my tank I ordered a new pump,
I realize getting a working pump on the system was the most important issue, but now that you have time I would contact ETM and ask for help with the old pump.
If it's under warranty or even close, they may be able to help in some way.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back