Return pump suggestions for 40B

  • Thread starter Thread starter aaron186
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aaron186

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
712
Reaction score
223
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 40B with a 15gal sump. First time I have used a sump and Im not sure what to look for in a return pump. I would like something that is quite and has a feeding button. I would like to keep it under or around 100 if possible but Im not really sure if its doable.
 
I don't personally own a 40b, but lets see if we can't get you some recommendations from the squad.

[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
 
I use a jabao DC 6000 on my 40b. I have it set on the Second of six flow speeds settings.
 
I like the Flow through the sump to be nice and slow so it gives more exposure to the different media and refugium, so I use a mag 3.
 
I use a mag 9.5 for my return on my 40bfrag system. I also run a manifold off it to run any reactors
 
I personally like a slower flow through the sump so if you're just using it for a return look for something in the neighborhood of 300-400gph. The nice Thing about the dc pumps is the adjustability so you can really fine tune them to your needs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new