return pump

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i was wondering everyones opinion, i am looking at buying a red sea reefer 350 and the last thing on my equipment list to pick is the return pump, i am stuck between a JECOD MDP, TMC reef pump and a TMC connect return pump? thank you

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i was wondering everyones opinion, i am looking at buying a red sea reefer 350 and the last thing on my equipment list to pick is the return pump, i am stuck between a JECOD MDP, TMC reef pump and a TMC connect return pump? thank you

Before you buy that tank, do a search on Red Sea seam failures.

OP
OP
S

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you buy that tank, do a search on Red Sea seam failures.
thank you i am looking into that, im in uk i was wondering if you could possibly recommend some similar sized tanks?

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2c on return pumps: get a DC one. You can very easily step up/down the flow rate just pressing a button.

Re: Tanks. Rimmed tank is the absolute best bang for your buck and most reliable you’ll find anywhere. This will leave you more money to burn on other equipment, fish, corals, etc.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you i am looking into that, im in uk i was wondering if you could possibly recommend some similar sized tanks?

I'm sorry, I wouldn't know. I'm in the hobby 20 years and the only tank I've ever owned is an Aqueon.

They aren't very popular in the hobby because they have plastic upper and lower rims along with plastic cross braces. So they're a bit lacking in appearance.

But I'm about results, not aesthetics. I love 'em.

Dom

Back