Return pump ?

EL BOTAS BLANCAS

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
East Palo Alto CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the correct GPH return pump be ? whats should the return rate be at ? i have a 14 g nano, will keep SPS & LPS . Do u calculate your tanks gallon capacity 10-20 times ? I am interested in an Eheim universal pump . Thanks.
 
Eheim are solid pumps, but not sure they make one small enough for that system. I'm one to use a little less GPH on my filtration. I would not count on my return pump for flow either.
 
return pump should match or be less than the skimmer pump

flow rate is a different story, the flow in the tank shouldnt be made from the return pump thats why we use powerheads! in a 14g tank I would use a couple nano pumps
 
Eheim makes a small pump. you can always t off a high flow pump to a reactor and one into the tank for nano. or you can do a manifold.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new