Returning hobbyists

Kistos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
29
Location
Edmonton, AB
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220806104431.jpg

I did an introduction earlier to my welcoming post as a new member to this community.
In there I mentioned that I am more than 20 years on this passion for reefs and aquariums in general and I had a big decade that I stopped because of some big changes to my life.
Now I take some baby steps back to the hobby and I am amazed with all this equipment and automation that is available those days.
Above to the picture I have my little 30 gallon reef tank with few corrals that I am experimenting and 3 fish, two little clowns and one star bleny.
The tank is a cheap 30g with its stand nothing too fancy.
I run a Aquamaxx HOB-1.5 for skimmer, a Fluval 307 canister filter with fluval UV attached on the return flow.
I have a Fluval led nano Reed for lighting and a fluval metal heater.
For water flow I use the red sea gyro 25 (amazing equipment).

For testing I have the set of all the fluval but also I have all the salifert. I use also for second readings Hanna Alkalinity, Hanna salinity, Hanna nitrate, and I have one professional PH pen that it is for wine testing, I use it for my aquarium to test the PH

I am looking to buy seneye monitor controller that comes with PAR meter and also I am on the search for a ATO with 5g reservoir.

Most of all this equipment is for me to experiment with all the new amnesties that the hobby has to offer those years and get familiarized with all the new practices and techniques.

I am in progress to build a 650 gallons reef at my basement so I need to know first before start investing any money.

Aquarium parameters:
Temp: 25 - 25.5 Celsius
PH: 8.1 - 8.3
Alkalinity: 8.8 - 10
Salinity: 34-35
Calcium: 400-440
Magnesium: 1400-1450
Ammonia: 0.0
Nitrite: 0.0
Nitrate: 5 - 10
Phosphate 0.05 - 0.10

Doing 15% water changes every week.
 
650 gallons... you and your wallet are soon to be parted! :cool:
Yes I have that at the back of my mind. It is a project yet. Maybe the space will not allow it but will see...
 
Maybe you should pickup that 1800-gallon 10' x 8' x 3' tank in Calgary. A bargain @$10k. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
And what I will put inside? A great white?
 
Funny you should ask. Check out one of the images. He indicated he'd sell the sharks separately... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

sharks.jpg
Those may be the only fish that big Sohal Tang won’t mess with…. but you never know.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new