Returning to the Hobby!

sykospark

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
19
Location
Upland
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I'm Sarah and I'm returning to the hobby after 15 years. I was very active on nano-reef.com for a long time and specialized in nano and macro algae tanks.

I got myself a 30g Innovative Marine starfire tank (used) and am currently getting caught up to speed on all the awesome advances in tech, and having to repurchase everything (even the darn RODI unit arghh).

I live in the inland empire in California. Excited to be here and nervous to get started again. <3
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Hi All,
I'm Sarah and I'm returning to the hobby after 15 years. I was very active on nano-reef.com for a long time and specialized in nano and macro algae tanks.

I got myself a 30g Innovative Marine starfire tank (used) and am currently getting caught up to speed on all the awesome advances in tech, and having to repurchase everything (even the darn RODI unit arghh).

I live in the inland empire in California. Excited to be here and nervous to get started again. <3

Nervous? Why?
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Nervous? Why?

I've been out for so long! I'm super excited about the advancements (Yay for LEDs vs MH!) but just a lot to catch up on. There is always that tense moment during cycling and then adding in from there. I'll feel better once my tank is fully cycled and has some happy stock thriving in it.

But for now, I'm hunting for an RODI unit. I'm so annoyed I sold mine. 😅
 
I've been out for so long! I'm super excited about the advancements (Yay for LEDs vs MH!) but just a lot to catch up on. There is always that tense moment during cycling and then adding in from there. I'll feel better once my tank is fully cycled and has some happy stock thriving in it.

But for now, I'm hunting for an RODI unit. I'm so annoyed I sold mine. 😅

Get a piece of live rock from a well established tank and use that to seed your tank with nitrifying bacteria and skip the cycle.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new