Returning to the salty side after a decade away

AsperUsual

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Im coming back to reef keeping after a long break. I have just cycled and started stocking a 160 litre cold water system with local macro algae, crustaceans, and filter feeders. I originally intended for this system to be a mixed reef but things happened and now its a local ocean tank. Fortunately I have access to a lot of local ocean because of my work.

I also have a 90 litre cube cycling which will be a mixed reef

I hope to get some advice on keeping macro algae and filter feeders as thats all new to me.

Heres a few pics if the current inhabitants.

4fd29003-666e-4880-87d8-e8ad2cfb38cc.jpg
0f522482-0d6a-452e-ae7c-8c407e0c2251.jpg
bc770314-02bc-4e38-af9e-46a7de3b5ac6.jpg
3ece329b-037d-40c6-98a3-530fda6caf18.jpg
7f9b943e-9fe1-46cf-8f73-43db6fa0b629.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Super cool! Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!
 
Hi everyone,

Im coming back to reef keeping after a long break. I have just cycled and started stocking a 160 litre cold water system with local macro algae, crustaceans, and filter feeders. I originally intended for this system to be a mixed reef but things happened and now its a local ocean tank. Fortunately I have access to a lot of local ocean because of my work.

I also have a 90 litre cube cycling which will be a mixed reef

I hope to get some advice on keeping macro algae and filter feeders as thats all new to me.

Heres a few pics if the current inhabitants.

4fd29003-666e-4880-87d8-e8ad2cfb38cc.jpg
0f522482-0d6a-452e-ae7c-8c407e0c2251.jpg
bc770314-02bc-4e38-af9e-46a7de3b5ac6.jpg
3ece329b-037d-40c6-98a3-530fda6caf18.jpg
7f9b943e-9fe1-46cf-8f73-43db6fa0b629.jpg
Welcome to R2R!

I like the cold water setup!
 
Hi everyone,

Im coming back to reef keeping after a long break. I have just cycled and started stocking a 160 litre cold water system with local macro algae, crustaceans, and filter feeders. I originally intended for this system to be a mixed reef but things happened and now its a local ocean tank. Fortunately I have access to a lot of local ocean because of my work.

I also have a 90 litre cube cycling which will be a mixed reef

I hope to get some advice on keeping macro algae and filter feeders as thats all new to me.

Heres a few pics if the current inhabitants.

4fd29003-666e-4880-87d8-e8ad2cfb38cc.jpg
0f522482-0d6a-452e-ae7c-8c407e0c2251.jpg
bc770314-02bc-4e38-af9e-46a7de3b5ac6.jpg
3ece329b-037d-40c6-98a3-530fda6caf18.jpg
7f9b943e-9fe1-46cf-8f73-43db6fa0b629.jpg
Welcome back, and the tank is looking awesome so far!
 
AaaR2R2.gif


Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new