Returning

tdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have recently returned to the hobby after an intro several years ago. I’ve got a 32 G LED Biocube. I’ve got 2 clownfish, 1 Midas blenny, and 1 lawn mower blenny. I inherited it as a 2 year running tank. Really getting into the coral game. Several shrooms, Duncan and green candy canes.

Currently working on the green hair algae

DSC_0013.jpeg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! As the tank ecosystem matures and nutrients stabilize, the GHA will resolve. In the meantime, just pluck out as much as you can to get it "short" on the rocks and maybe pick up a turbo snail to help out. Good luck!

OP
OP
tdog

tdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! As the tank ecosystem matures and nutrients stabilize, the GHA will resolve. In the meantime, just pluck out as much as you can to get it "short" on the rocks and maybe pick up a turbo snail to help out. Good luck!
Thanks! I had a couple of turbo snails in a 29 Gallon JBJ Nanocube several years ago and they did great. I was just reluctant this time around because I have a lot more corals, and heard they knock them over

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back, glad you are here. I have the same tank and no issues with my turbos, corals are epoxied and glued down. I highly recommend a tuxedo urchin, nothing in my tank compares to its algae eating ability, not by a long shot. You will still need to manually keep the gha shorter. Best of luck.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I had a couple of turbo snails in a 29 Gallon JBJ Nanocube several years ago and they did great. I was just reluctant this time around because I have a lot more corals, and heard they knock them over

They can be a little pushy if the corals are not glued down to the live rock. But, I haven't had any problems with mine knocking things over.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back