Reverse Osmosis systems choice - Culligan or other

Steve D.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
17
Location
Meudon, France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of choosing a reverse osmosis water purification system. Culligan keeps popping up and appears to dominate that market but there are other names popping up that I've never heard of before. This is going to be installed in a kitchen cabinet next to the aquarium and will probably only serve the aquarium and the kitchen sink water. Does anyone here have any experience on this subject matter and, perhaps know of other reliable and quality providers. Is Culligan dependable? Please note that I'm based in France and I need a European company, if possible German or French, for language reasons. Thanks in advance for any advice. sd
 
I'm in the process of choosing a reverse osmosis water purification system. Culligan keeps popping up and appears to dominate that market but there are other names popping up that I've never heard of before. This is going to be installed in a kitchen cabinet next to the aquarium and will probably only serve the aquarium and the kitchen sink water. Does anyone here have any experience on this subject matter and, perhaps know of other reliable and quality providers. Is Culligan dependable? Please note that I'm based in France and I need a European company, if possible German or French, for language reasons. Thanks in advance for any advice. sd

Do you have Amazon there? I'm assuming so, since Jeff Bezos basically owns 78.4% of the world now.

I have had a 6 stage "Max Water" 100 GPD unit for quite a while. It was $158 USD.
I added a second DI canister (another $25-30 USD), so that I can run cation and anion resins in different canisters. You can put whatever resin in that you want... The replacement RO membrane and charcoal filters are available on Amazon too.
I have had zero issues with the unit and consistently get 0 TDS from it. It's under my bathroom sink.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new