Reviving coral

czarina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m new with taking care of marine tank related, so from our vacation we just got back and my whole fish, anemones, cucumber fish something and the memos were all dead that may be due to the excessive heat with the temperature of 49* C (the fish tank). I have thrown away all of the dead things and took all the water out of the tank because of the smell it had. I am asking how revive a coral, can I rinse in fresh water and after soak it in the salt water with the carbon( smth like that)?

I have seen a LOT of centipede like crawling everywhere in my tank (MORE LIKE INDESTED)and corals that may be due to the bacteria from the dead fishes. I do not know how to care of them to be exact. Can anyone guide me? IT VERY URGENT

IMG_1826.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you mean "to revive a coral"? Do you mean the rock? If wanting to re-use the rock, then most of us put the rocks in a bucket of bleach water with a powerhead for a few days, then then let sit in clean water for few days, then finally rodi water. After a couple of weeks you should have a clean white rock thats ready to be used.

if not meaning the rocks then I don't know what you mean.

I would also take out all the sand and rinse very well, get it ready for re-use.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already removed the old water and presumably replaced it with fresh saltwater, then just keep things stable now. The remaining coral may survive or may just slowly wither away from this event. Not much you can do other than maintain optimal conditions.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back