Reviving the Nuvo 38 mini

SpartyVM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Been about 5 years since I shut down the Nuvo Mini 38 that i had so we could move. After the move with a 1 and 3 year old at the time just didn't seem like the right time to start it up again, or so said the wife. Anyway, with both my wife and I working from home, my kinds in a remote learning situation, and me getting pushed down to the basement, it was the right time to bring it back. I have finished my cycle and added a few zoas, a hairy mushroom and a hammer and getting ready to add a couple clowns.

I used to reference another forum but as I was looking for some help on an upgraded led, it seemed all the newer responses were here and not there. Looking forward to the interaction. I will be looking for some guidance on a Reefbreaders Photon V2+ vs an XR 15 pro.

Cheers,
Vern

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome R2R..

giphy.gif

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby! And welcome to R2R!!! This may be slightly biased so take it as you may, but I love my gen 5 xr30 blues. Out of all the lights and all the videos on those lights I’ve watched the only light I’ve seen that blends half as well while spreading the light just as well without a defuser in the led world is the orphek (not counting the led bars), and unfortunately I just don’t trust orphek just yet. So my call would be the xr15.
FF924C4C-7493-4CA0-9348-9E6A31945A04.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back