Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

IronVulture

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank is plumbed to the sump!! It's not perfectly straight in spots but I think it will do the job!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Only thing I think I would have done differently is added about 20 more unions. Great job [emoji106]

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank is plumbed to the sump!! It's not perfectly straight in spots but I think it will do the job!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: your really outdoing yourself. It seems like everything is perfectly planned out. Looks Gorgeous even with only one cup of water in it.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you folks!

Feels so good for that part to be done!!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Merry Christmas y'all!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is where I need some help figuring out a way to hold the plumbing steady and secure! The wood is there temporary so I can finish plumbing!

image.jpeg
I need more information, @120reefkeeper gave an option which was a good option. The inexpensive way would out to get a hole saw and drill through a 2 x 4 block for your plumbing, cut the block in half and reconnect??

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Ok, I have it now and no answer to my last post

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, Congratulations on your beautiful new home! As for your tank, one thing you should seriously consider is tank location relative to living space. Over the years I have had some pretty sweet set-ups, both salt and fresh, but many times I was limited on space and they were not ideally located for viewing. This resulted in me not really getting much enjoyment out of them. I would make sure the room you put your tank in is a center of activity. If you don't think you'll be spending a lot of time in the basement, you might want to consider going smaller in an upstairs room where you will be able to really enjoy it. It may sound stupid, but I have found that out of sight out of mind comes into play as well. Unfortunately, that can sometimes lead to an occasional lack of proper maintenance.
I...I...I sir...no point in having a tank that you have to go out of your way to view!
I spend 3-16 hours a day in my home office...that's where my tank is going!
Felt kind of selfish at first...but I'm the one looking after it...im the one that truly appreciates it and if anyone wants to see it...I got extra chairs:)
Gets the attention it deserves in my office...bin there done that before:)

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait wait rev has a tank build thats 7 pages long and no pics you slacker. Go with the 30" depth. It does take some thought on lighting but my tank is 30" and I love it. Looks like the ocean that extra 6" does a lot. Has some downsides if a coral gets knocked over well hope you have some scuba gear lol. Congrats cant wait to see some pics slacker.
Size and depth are relative ...if your 4 foot 9 and have short arms ...yes 24 inch depth is likely still to deep...I am six two and have a 36 inch reach...yes kind of ape like:)

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look great Rev. One thing, and you may not care, but because there isn't a ball valve on the closer of the two returns, you are most likely going to get more flow from the right return.

I am always amazed by you guys that can take your time and make everything perfect. I am more of a "slap it together and see how it turns out guy".

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look great Rev. One thing, and you may not care, but because there isn't a ball valve on the closer of the two returns, you are most likely going to get more flow from the right return.

I am always amazed by you guys that can take your time and make everything perfect. I am more of a "slap it together and see how it turns out guy".

Nice catch! I may add one in there!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 60 42.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back