Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

HA!
 
I second this! :p
My new skimmer:
tai-lopez-scam.jpg
 
I need to charge you more for a premium membership....hehe
 
Congrats! That is some exciting stuff! I'd invest in an industrial dehumidifier for sure. something for pools and such. probably set you back a couple grand but well worth it.

oh and a Deltec;)
 
Congrats David on the beautiful house and on your tank build.
The only advise I can offer is. The more stuff you add to your system, the more stuff you have to take care of. I had a friend that setup a 500 gallon tank. It was the hottest tank around for 2 years. He couldn't keep up with everything by himself with the maintenance. Algae took over and couldn't get rid of it. He went back to a 220 gallon tank and is very happy about it. So, try to automate it as much as possible. Good luck with both.
 
I finally got my dad on board with an upgrade. Thinking of hooking my RODI filter (that I won at MACNA :D) to the pipes in my basement and having it pump into mixing bins, and then automatically change the water through my sump. Probably would want to incorporate something similar on a 400 GALLON because I'm pretty sure water changes will be a nightmare.
 
Congrats! That is some exciting stuff! I'd invest in an industrial dehumidifier for sure. something for pools and such. probably set you back a couple grand but well worth it.

oh and a Deltec;)

A couple grand? Yea I need another route!

All skimmer options are open! :)
 
Oh I also plan on EASY water changes!!
 
congrats on the new house and project. Following along for sure. Never had a tank that big or even close, so I have little sage advice beyond what you already know. Try to find as many large tank build threads as possible and read through them in detail and hopefully they will shed some light for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new