Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

Lol thanks everyone! I think the brick wall will take on a whole new look when blue fills that hole and we accent the wall with a little lighting and maybe decor.

The next big question is do you think o can pull this off? This is the project of the day!

image.jpeg
Is this for you light fixture?
 
It is but now I've run into a bit of an issue! The floor joist above the tank are about 4 inches off to the left of where I need them to be. This would cause the lights to hang off center.

Any thoughts on what I can do?
 
It is but now I've run into a bit of an issue! The floor joist above the tank are about 4 inches off to the left of where I need them to be. This would cause the lights to hang off center.

Any thoughts on what I can do?
Cut a piece of 3/4" plywood and screw it into the studs on either side of where you need to mount the hoist. Then mount the hoist to the plywood.

Well, either that or hang your lights off center. :p
 
It is but now I've run into a bit of an issue! The floor joist above the tank are about 4 inches off to the left of where I need them to be. This would cause the lights to hang off center.

Any thoughts on what I can do?
Screw a board between the two joist, then center you hoist.
 
It is but now I've run into a bit of an issue! The floor joist above the tank are about 4 inches off to the left of where I need them to be. This would cause the lights to hang off center.

Any thoughts on what I can do?

I'm afraid you're going to have to remove everything and start over!!!
 
I decided to tear out the wall and move the tank.
 
Lol.

But really thanks for the advice. I'll have to use multiple 2x4's because the mounting plate is big and the rail will also have to be raised to the level of the motor.
 
Already adjusted it again..

image.jpg


image.jpg


image.jpg

Not reading the text, just screened through the pictures.
Wow, this is going to be an amazing tank system Rev !!!!!!

Good luck that everything works out as planned ;-)

-Andre
 
I actually really like the brick. It's something different and a break from the norm of these days and besides once the tank is full no one will notice it
 
Well got this lift installed, finally, and guess what? The motor won't turn! :(

Should have tested it prior to install. It will be easy to replace that part. I'll have to call the company tomorrow. Ugh!
 
All good thing come in time:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new