Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

Looks like I may need a bigger pump as well! Not finished plumbing the inside of the overflow yet but not getting too much water. Sorry for the sideway video!

 
I would have agreed with @Floyd R Turbo. LOL I would have drained it first. I get super nervous about those things. :D
 
Throttle down the overflow. You want to raise the water level in the outer box to keep the system quiet. Irrespective of wether you need more flow or not.
 
Throttle down the overflow. You want to raise the water level in the outer box to keep the system quiet. Irrespective of wether you need more flow or not.

I'm not worried about the sound right now. It's as loud as it can be right now and I hear zero in the viewing room! :D
 
Sorry for the hi jack, but I have a quick question about the overflow plumbing. I need to plumb my own and was curious if it is detrimental to the siphon to not have a larger drop before the pipe goes horizontal like in your setup. If not my plumbing got a lot easier!

Beautiful set up, love the fish room!
 
I was going to ask if the Vectra was large enough to handle that, especially since its not sitting directly under the tank. I have a 230 w/ a 125 sump that I'll be setting up this year, and I was thinking that the Vectra should be able to handle that system, I'm planning on putting my sump under the tank.
 
I don't remember which vectra rev has, but I was running a 120 with a 40 sump right underneath with a vectra m1 and was disappointed with the return flow. Even running full blast.
 
Looks like I may need a bigger pump as well! Not finished plumbing the inside of the overflow yet but not getting too much water. Sorry for the sideway video!



I have Reef flow hammerhead/barracuda hybrid for my basement and think it would be enough pump for what you need it to do. It drives a 125 and a 180 tank, the skimmer and reactors and still has at least 1000gph left over. I ran into the same problem when I moved and upgraded my system
 
Looks like I may need a bigger pump as well! Not finished plumbing the inside of the overflow yet but not getting too much water. Sorry for the sideway video!


It's hard to tell, but it looks like you might have used 1" plumbing on your return. If your return flow is close to what you want, you might consider bumping your return plumbing up a size.
 
"I have Reef flow hammerhead/barracuda hybrid for my basement and think it would be enough pump for what you need it to do. It drives a 125 and a 180 tank, the skimmer and reactors and still has at least 1000gph left over. I ran into the same problem when I moved and upgraded my system"

Yeah I'm thinking that's what I'll be going with! The Vectra just seems under powered for LARGE systems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new