RFA and feeding/care questions

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but had a couple questions about my RFA I got ~2 weeks ago.
1. It’s currently made home under a ledge. I’ve read I don’t need to worry about lighting because they’ll move if it’s too little/too much. I’m worried it’s not getting enough light, but does anyone have experience with them staying shaded? I plan to upgrade to two ai prime 16Hd (40B tank) this month, but as of now I use the current USA orbit marine.. so def not getting hit with a ton of par. I’m surprised it hasn’t moved.
2. I haven’t seen it eat since I added it to my tank. A couple times I’ve tried feeding mysis (photos attached of this morning. Mysis in tentacles). It catches the mysis shrimp in its tentacles, but I never see them get to the mouth. I’ve watched it for 30-45minutes. It inflates/moved tentacles around, but don’t see it eating. Is this normal behavior?
3. Should I be feeding my RFA something other than frozen mysis shrimps?
4. Am I overthinking this or do I have cause for concern about my RFA? Overall there seems to be no color loss and it opens. I’ve read it’s an aggressive eater though, so it seems off to me it isn’t eating..

IMG_7244.jpeg IMG_7243.jpeg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s still acclimating. No need to feed it directly. Just let it be for a while and don’t target feed for at least a couple of weeks. It can get all the nutrition it needs from light and eating is stressful on an acclimating anemone.

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! Makes perfect sense, didn’t even think that it was acclimating lol. Appreciate the help

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back