RFA in cave

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,694
Reaction score
80,586
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My unhappy purple RFA (often shrinking up where it was sitting for a few weeks) finally took a walk and ended up between two rocks in a cave with no light. I'm not bothering it, but should I do something like shoot some mysis/egg food down there? It is all sqished up in there, so hard to see--you'll have to zoom.
IMG_20220304_094751291~2.jpg
 
Your other RFAs appear fine, I would just let it do what it wants at this point. They'll move where they like it. I have about 5 RFAs in a nano (12 gallon) and 3 have never moved and are in light heavy spots, one is in the shade on a rock face, never gets light....then there's "LARRY". Larry is currently upside down under a rock and looks to be doing just fine. I'm sure by next week he'll be in some other terrible spot where you can't see him.
 
Your other RFAs appear fine, I would just let it do what it wants at this point. They'll move where they like it. I have about 5 RFAs in a nano (12 gallon) and 3 have never moved and are in light heavy spots, one is in the shade on a rock face, never gets light....then there's "LARRY". Larry is currently upside down under a rock and looks to be doing just fine. I'm sure by next week he'll be in some other terrible spot where you can't see him.

Bad outlook. It was hanging on upside down by a little toe, so I let him fall into my hand and put him an a little glass makeshift ICU under light. Will see if it moves its foot around or if it's a goner :(
IMG_20220304_114825024.jpg

IMG_20220304_114805323.jpg

IMG_20220304_114817107.jpg
 
He doesn't look good. I'm sorry for your luck. I burnt one with a chunk of salt that came off the tank and it took a hit, but still recovered. They are usually pretty hardy.
 
He doesn't look good. I'm sorry for your luck. I burnt one with a chunk of salt that came off the tank and it took a hit, but still recovered. They are usually pretty hardy.
This one hasn't been too happy since it arrived. Latched onto a shady side of a rock and frequently shrunk up into hiding. Shame, because it was a color not usually seen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new