RFAs have designer names now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
8,365
Reaction score
25,182
Location
Hong Kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was browsing a large online seller’s site and came across their rock flower nems. I absolutely love RFAs and all the colors they come in. But now I see there is a John Deere Flower Anemone, a Peach Cobbler Anemone and others. I’m sure it’s a ploy to sell more as people want to associate a fancy designer name rather than a description.
 
I was browsing a large online seller’s site and came across their rock flower nems. I absolutely love RFAs and all the colors they come in. But now I see there is a John Deere Flower Anemone, a Peach Cobbler Anemone and others. I’m sure it’s a ploy to sell more as people want to associate a fancy designer name rather than a description.

...or it could be both. The “John Deere” descriptor is pretty clear about the colors one would expect to see in the RFA. Of course when I saw that particular one the first time I wondered about possible trademark issues.
 
...or it could be both. The “John Deere” descriptor is pretty clear about the colors one would expect to see in the RFA. Of course when I saw that particular one the first time I wondered about possible trademark issues.
I’ve always been curious about trademarked names as well. Like LA Laker and Sunny D zoas.
 
I’ve always been curious about trademarked names as well. Like LA Laker and Sunny D zoas.

It may have more to do with how aggressively (or not) that an entity choose to protect their mark. I expect that coral name that included the words “Monster energy” or “Red Bull” would be challenged quickly.
 
Until we have a set online database for zoas, rockflowers, acros, etc we have to use those names for easier referencing for now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new