Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should start a shallow 80 club... mine should be wet in about two weeks

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stand is about 6" shorter than I would honestly like... but I can live with it I think... it's just a standard height..

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread! I really like the way you added the molded trim to the top of your stand. Looks awesome!!!

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread! I really like the way you added the molded trim to the top of your stand. Looks awesome!!!

Thanks. I never thought of that on my last stand and I must say this looks way better. I am very pleased with how it turned out. This is only my 4th attempt at building something ever lol.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update tonight. I got my sand in. Caribsea seaflor. I was able to get 80 lbs for $50 from petsmarts. Hoping to get it wet within the next two weeks. The wife is getting tired of the tank pile.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414035206.002745.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414035172.607656.jpg

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not been able to make much progress on the tank unfortunately. Rock is still trying to complete the cycle in the Brute. I hope to get the tank wet in the next week. In the meantime I have been kicking around ideas for stocking.

Proposed List:

3-5 Green Chromis
1 Midas Blenny
Pair of Snowflake Oscellaris Clownfish
Pair of Firefish
1 Diamond Watchman Goby

I am also considering some type of Anthias or Wrasse. I have never kept either and would like one as a "center piece" fish. I am also considering a Green Mandarin if I can find a captive bred one that eats frozen food, I also plan to grow Copepods in my refugium as a supplemental food source. I am very open to ideas and opinions.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good stock list.. I got mine up and running now

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good stock list.. I got mine up and running now

Do you have a build thread up? I would love to follow along and see pics of your setup. I saw one of your post checking on the Rip Tide. I think I am going to pick one up in January. If you pick one up let me know your thoughts on it. I would prefer one of those to 4 koralias.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't do much of a build thread... a small one on local forum... here is a pic... still a work in progress...

Yea I'm running an mp40 now, with a koralia hidden behind rocks... I'm considering the gyre if I can cover the whole tank with it...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415582980729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415582980729.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 464
OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't do much of a build thread... a small one on local forum... here is a pic... still a work in progress...

Yea I'm running an mp40 now, with a koralia hidden behind rocks... I'm considering the gyre if I can cover the whole tank with it...

Tank looks great! I think it will cover no problem from what I saw from their videos.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 26.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back