Ri Resin best disposal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter techhnyne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

techhnyne

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Messages
529
Reaction score
149
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in FLorida, is there a safe place to bring and disopose this stuff or you think the regular garbage is good??
 
oh wow didnt know you can do that thanks
While technically possible, it is not cost effective or practical on the hobbyist level. I suggest throwing out, and buying new resin.
 
While technically possible, it is not cost effective or practical on the hobbyist level. I suggest throwing out, and buying new resin.
Lye and hydrochloric must be really expensive where you live. Costs a fraction of replacement, just gotta be cautious with it. I’ve been doing it for 32 years at work, 18 years on a tank, hardly ever have to buy new resin as you can generally recharge it 1000 times, that’s a lot, lol.
 
Lye and hydrochloric must be really expensive where you live. Costs a fraction of replacement, just gotta be cautious with it. I’ve been doing it for 32 years at work, 18 years on a tank, hardly ever have to buy new resin as you can generally recharge it 1000 times, that’s a lot, lol.
Actually the resin is very cheap. $15 for a refill that lasts 4 months. But everyone's situation is different.
 
I have always thrown mine in the normal trash. However I recently learned about being able to renew it. I’m going to try doing it after I collect enough depleted resin.
 
You guys must use a lot of resin to make regenerating it with hydrochloric acid worth it.

I go through less than 1 mixed bed container of DI per year. In fact, I'm 13 months on my current cartridge and it hasn't even started changing color at all yet. Still getting 0 TDS from it. For under $20 a pop for a prefilled cartridge, I just swap and toss the old one.
 
You guys must use a lot of resin to make regenerating it with hydrochloric acid worth it.

I go through less than 1 mixed bed container of DI per year. In fact, I'm 13 months on my current cartridge and it hasn't even started changing color at all yet. Still getting 0 TDS from it. For under $20 a pop for a prefilled cartridge, I just swap and toss the old one.
I don’t go through that much. Maybe two canisters a year.
I am just wanting to see how reasonable it would be to renew it so I can possibly add more membranes. My limiting factor on adding some extra membranes is using up my di quicker.
 
I go thru the anion, that I renew. I did a mixed bed once or twice. It's messy but it might help get you thru if needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new