OP
NeiDan

NeiDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful eel. I can help but notice all your other fish were very "on edge" in your video. The stress may not be very good on them long term. But this is just my opinion so I wish you the best.

The video was within 10 minutes of the eel being added. They've become more accustomed, and it's not uncommon to see my filefish hanging out near the eel's head in camo mode for some reason. I'm sure it's a stressor, but none of them seem to be changing their behavior too much. Luckily most of the fish in the tank don't have a reputation for being delicate. I actually think the eel might be the most vulnerable to stress out of all of them lol.

Very nice!

The only thing differently I would have done is incorporate your pipe into your rockwork so that you didn't have 2 bury in the sand. Overall though you've done well. Is it starting to settle in more?

It seems like it had before I added the PVC. It was out exploring a lot today, but it doesn't seem stressed out so much as curious right now.

Great work in short time! I saw a similar set up with the barnacles retro-fitted to hide cave entrance (snowflake moray). Give that some thought when you do the pred tank, and good luck!

That's a good idea. I have a little barnacle cluster I got from KP aquatics, I'll send them and email and see if they can't get me a barnacle large enough to hide the pipe.

Edit: actually I think the barnacles were from reefcleaners.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any fish in the video that the eel couldn't eat! ;) I've been wanting one for awhile.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NeiDan have you ordered from KP Aquatics much? Curious as I was looking last night and they have a few things I'm interested in.

OP
OP
NeiDan

NeiDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NeiDan have you ordered from KP Aquatics much? Curious as I was looking last night and they have a few things I'm interested in.

Just one occasion. I also ordered from them a couple times back when they were sealife.inc. I'm not sure if the old owner retired or what, but his family runs the place now. I liked what I got from them, the packaging was mostly good and they often send out extras for free (though for some territorial fish that can be bad). I had one issue with the packaging on a jawfish pair, but I think it was a freak occurence and they offered a fair compensation, although I had to pay shipping for it. I also got a gorgonia and some ricordea from them. As a mantis shrimp enthusiast I also appreciate that they offer correctly identified mantis shrimp by the species, which is unfortunately rare. All in all I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with them.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one occasion. I also ordered from them a couple times back when they were sealife.inc. I'm not sure if the old owner retired or what, but his family runs the place now. I liked what I got from them, the packaging was mostly good and they often send out extras for free (though for some territorial fish that can be bad). I had one issue with the packaging on a jawfish pair, but I think it was a freak occurence and they offered a fair compensation, although I had to pay shipping for it. I also got a gorgonia and some ricordea from them. As a mantis shrimp enthusiast I also appreciate that they offer correctly identified mantis shrimp by the species, which is unfortunately rare. All in all I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with them.
The mantis is why I was asking. TY.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good-looking eel!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back