OP
444rich

444rich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played around with it a bit, still trying to find the sweet spot I’m at 30% on the cor now and seems to be good

OP
OP
444rich

444rich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did water change today and cleaned up the sump a bit. The small box of marine pure balls for perfectly in the bubble trap section and I cut the bubble trap sponge and lay it on top of the balls. I also drilled a new hole for the tubes coming out of the DOS

F109E33B-969D-4FED-B4D9-9D011D5F8B68.jpeg

OP
OP
444rich

444rich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 4 chromis a few days ago, the were seperated at first and the finally started schooling today. The strange thing is that apparently my yellow tang thinks he is a chromis and he is schooling with them, not sure if I like this or not but ah well. Going through some diatoms now figure I got a few more weeks of this

OP
OP
444rich

444rich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi powers, there’s not a night mode, but in the apex you are setting up a schedule as you would for typical leds, so you select the mode and intensity through out the day and it follows that schedule everyday, so you would just set the mode to constant and power to 10% at say 10 pm, and then have it start ramping up at 9am, I usually have an hour like at 3 am where it runs at 80% to stir things up

oldcoach7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your mounts for your lights/who makes them? From the pics, we can't tell entirely, but they look really clean i.e. no visible wires. Also, do you still like the WAV pump or would you prefer an MP40?

OP
OP
444rich

444rich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi coach,

The stands are the HMS single mounts, they are pricy and ackward to put together but they are pretty solid and I like the look and how easy it is to conceal the wires here’s the link https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hms-...MY4B4pw-C2ahdyj_ikGd_x_S2bnzS4yRoCJj0QAvD_BwE

I’ve thought about possibly switching to 2 mp10’s but I really like how well the WAV works with the apex, less wiring and equipment, but I prefer the look of the mp10. It’s hard finding a good placement and angle, then the right settings but I think I like it mounted to the right side of the tank at the center of the glass about 5” down. I placed it sideways vs vertically as it is narrower when looking at it sideways from the front.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard finding a good placement and angle, then the right settings but I think I like it mounted to the right side of the tank at the center of the glass about 5” down.
@444rich So you're only using one WAV pump now? With that big of pump the flow must bounce off the other side and front and back, eh?

OP
OP
444rich

444rich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I found the best angle see pic, it works for this aquascape well, there is movement all over, I run it at 80% overnight so all corals get blasted really good. And in the day time I run it at 30 % so the lps can open up, the sps seem fine with this as well

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back