Richie's Reef

rkaragozler

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Staten Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Richie, some of you might now me, some might not, I started reefing in January of 2010 with a 175 gallon bow tank. I looked at an empty tank with rocks in it for 2 months, and after countless days and nights adding fish, coral, equipment, and sweat I achieved my goal of having a reef. But their was something missing, I wanted more, I read thru thousands of tank threads of members that had larger tanks, this was my dream to one day have a very large tank, with lots of fish and lots of coral, and to bring the piece of the ocean into my house. This happened in November 2010, I was the owner of a 450 gallon tank from (qy400). November 26th 2010, the tank was picked up in LI, with the help of friends. The truck will bring this dream of mine to Brooklyn where it will get torn down, and trucked back to my house, (couldn't move the tank the way it was down the strairs) The tank will be assembled on site in my basement. Thank you all for making MY DREAM COME TRUE.
If you would like to see the tank pictures in detail, please go to
rkaragozler's Public Profile on Photobucket.com
ANd here is a little video on my Bio.
The Fish Doctor - YouTube
Here are some pics from day 1 till present.
ENJOY
-4.jpg

cid_789.jpg

greathelp2.jpg

leftpanel.jpg

2ndphasecomplete.jpg

filling3.jpg

P1060483.jpg

P1060495.jpg

P1060500.jpg

fts3611.jpg

FTSJUNE.jpg

fts2.jpg

ftswled8242012.jpg
 
Awesome tank bro! Glad to have you posting. :)
 
Now give us some details about filtration, lights (I see you went from halides to something else?), etc.. this looks like a great tank!!
 
looking good Richie ...I know the history of that tank. You have done alot of work to get it where it is today and I'm glad to see it went to a good home...how do you like the LEDs?
 
Wow!! Amazing tank!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
 
Finally maded it on R2R. Seen this in person many a time still one of my favorite setups. Gets better every time I see it.

Jpellica
 
It's been way to long. well it's been a hectic couple of years but I managed to get thru it.
I removed about 400 pound of rock, and about 400 pounds of sand. The tank has 8 Rapid Onyx units running at 100% intensity for 8 hours a day, I am in the process of adding dimming to it.


 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new