OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Envious! Really amazing. I am new to r2r. I am ordering a tank but am concerned about weight. Is yours on 2nd level or concrete floor? Thank you for sharing your build thread. The original pictures to now are truly inspiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you, my tank is on the first floor but I have a basement as well. Whenever my dog runs through the room the tank does shake if I stare at the water line. I am thinking about adding an additional support post in the basement.

images

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This system is great, I have been following it for a while now. Where is your Banana Carolina? I have put mine in high light high flow and only the tips and new growth have turned yellow for me. I have also tried medium conditions with the same success. All other corals are colored nicely I just can not seem to get this guy to show all yellow. The discolored portions are not yellow either mine are more of a grey. Any suggestions? Using a mix of LED/T5 HO

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks very nice and clean!

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This system is great, I have been following it for a while now. Where is your Banana Carolina? I have put mine in high light high flow and only the tips and new growth have turned yellow for me. I have also tried medium conditions with the same success. All other corals are colored nicely I just can not seem to get this guy to show all yellow. The discolored portions are not yellow either mine are more of a grey. Any suggestions? Using a mix of LED/T5 HO

Mine is pretty much the same, the base is neon green and the tips are yellow, come of the branches are grey in color.

Curtis Scott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank with awesome growth! I have a couple questions...

Do you use any supplements or coral food? Do you run GFO or carbon to help export nutrients?

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I look out all of the sand over a period of three weeks and removed my acans from the rocks. I have them on the bare bottom with the vision of them growing out and completely covering the bottom.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I look out all of the sand over a period of three weeks and removed my acans from the rocks. I have them on the bare bottom with the vision of them growing out and completely covering the bottom.

That is a very cool vision.

Any worry that detritus may build up in between them until they fill in? I guess just baste the bottom periodically.

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed both Ecotech Vortech MP-40w's and replaced them with one Jebao WP-60 and all I can say is WOW! The Vortech's were too noisy and I have sent them back twice for repair but I finally threw in the towel with these pumps and gave the Jebao a try. The flow from one WP-60 is better than both MP-40's and the wave setting on the Jebao is superb, I could never create a wave in my 120 gallon with two MP-40's no matter what I tried. I purchased two Jebao WP-60's but one is more than enough for my tank needs, the second one will be my backup :) The Jebao is more quiet than the Vortech but it also takes up much more real estate in the tank.

Jebao+WP-60.jpg

OceanTreasure

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Jebao is a real competitor with very very reasonable price. Havent got stock on the WP60 here. Cant wait to get my hand on it.

I removed both Ecotech Vortech MP-40w's and replaced them with one Jebao WP-60 and all I can say is WOW! The Vortech's were too noisy and I have sent them back twice for repair but I finally threw in the towel with these pumps and gave the Jebao a try. The flow from one WP-60 is better than both MP-40's and the wave setting on the Jebao is superb, I could never create a wave in my 120 gallon with two MP-40's no matter what I tried. I purchased two Jebao WP-60's but one is more than enough for my tank needs, the second one will be my backup :) The Jebao is more quiet than the Vortech but it also takes up much more real estate in the tank.

Jebao+WP-60.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back