Ricordea Florida or Yuma? Or something else?

courtneykeeps

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2022
Messages
175
Reaction score
349
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!

I bought this yesterday and assumed it was Ricordea Florida but the polyps and colours look weird. It doesn't quite look like Yuma either? I'm unsure what I have...

Any ideas?

Not the best photos but the best I could get.

IMG_4615.jpeg IMG_4614.jpeg IMG_4605.jpeg
 
I am not a shroom expert, but I believe you can rule out Ricordea Florida.
 
Yuma, very common down here. May change colour depending on the light.
 
IMG_4647.jpeg

I moved it to a better spot and the tentacles are slowly getting closer together and less sprawling.

More colour is developing too. More blues and purples. It's an interesting little mushroom, whatever the species!
 
I miss having Florida Ricordea. I had a huge rock covered in orange, blue and green ones a long time ago.
I dont even think they'll survive in my tank now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new