Ricordea Garden Question

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to setting up a ricordea garden in a tank I've recently started up. Ive got an island ready so no worries about potential spreading to other corals. The thought is to put a handful of different ricordeas to get the same effect people do with zoas on this island. My question was is it ok to mix florida and yuma ricordeas varieties or will they battle each other? Just want to make sure once they spread and start to come in contact Im not going to get into trouble.

Was also wondering if people had recommendations for where to get some more interesting colored ricordeas as my LFS doesn't really ever get anything other than the basic green ones. Thanks so much.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to setting up a ricordea garden in a tank I've recently started up. Ive got an island ready so no worries about potential spreading to other corals. The thought is to put a handful of different ricordeas to get the same effect people do with zoas on this island. My question was is it ok to mix florida and yuma ricordeas varieties or will they battle each other? Just want to make sure once they spread and start to come in contact Im not going to get into trouble.

Was also wondering if people had recommendations for where to get some more interesting colored ricordeas as my LFS doesn't really ever get anything other than the basic green ones. Thanks so much.

IME, R. florida and R. yuma have never fought with each other. Over a long time, one morph of either may be slightly more successful and start to dominate a rock, but not always.

Many online vendors have interesting and beautifully colored Florida and Yuma. Here are just two examples:

https://aquasd.com/collections/mushrooms

https://uniquecorals.com/collections/soft-coral-mushrooms

OP
OP
C

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it’s just Florida’s but I’m going to add some yumas soon. It’s a fun project

Attachments

• 7C311CA9-1DB3-49D3-9EE5-A19E434413D9.jpeg
    7C311CA9-1DB3-49D3-9EE5-A19E434413D9.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 108

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back