Ricordea Packs Online

waterbox15aio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for places to buy ricordea 10-25 packs online at a decent price? I checked out ricordeabox and was surprised to see their prices practically 2x only year or so prior

OP
OP
W

waterbox15aio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, KP aquatics looks like a good choice with reasonable prices. Interested to hear what others recommend, if not will probably put in an order at KP soon

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure such a thing at a decent price anymore. Best deal and variety of colors I got was for a 25 pack on eBay shipped from Puerto Rico. That was a few years back and if you read the news, he's the guy that made the news and went to jail for illegal collection in a big bust. Florida has ricordia, PR is better, and Haiti has the best so generally you are better off looking for a south Florida place to buy from. I personally like Reefgardener. She has one of the best selections of color and decent prices. Plus, you can probably call her and swing a deal.

OP
OP
W

waterbox15aio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure such a thing at a decent price anymore. Best deal and variety of colors I got was for a 25 pack on eBay shipped from Puerto Rico. That was a few years back and if you read the news, he's the guy that made the news and went to jail for illegal collection in a big bust. Florida has ricordia, PR is better, and Haiti has the best so generally you are better off looking for a south Florida place to buy from. I personally like Reefgardener. She has one of the best selections of color and decent prices. Plus, you can probably call her and swing a deal.
Reef gardener looks like she has some sick looking wysiwyg pieces for rather low costs. Very tempting. Thanks

OP
OP
W

waterbox15aio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to try out reefgardner. Put in order for about $320 for 18ish rics. $18 ea, pretty decent for nice looking wysiwyg. Will see soon....

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn't see any packs on their site i did see an average of $28/ric, how did you swing that?
No packs but best color morphs at reasonable prices. Each piece which may be one or more polyps varies in price. I know I dumped a bunch of change on her stuff. AquaSD has ricordia cheap when they have sales and they have packs but they have little color variety. Usually just purple rimmed orange or green rimmed orange and maybe an occasional green.

OP
OP
W

waterbox15aio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn't see any packs on their site i did see an average of $28/ric, how did you swing that?
No packs per se but numerous of the listings are for multiple polyps. So a few singles at $20-30 ea, plus a bunch of the group rocks on sale for $40-60 at 2-4+ polyps makes from a pretty decent average price. Or hopefully I'm understanding this right lol

Plus looks like a lot of items are on sale atm, though not sure if this is one of the stores where sale price is regular price

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few of mine. Some from different sources but a lot from reefgardener. Hard to make out in pics but some unusual morphs along with yellows, greens, golds and pinks along with the usual flaming orange morphs. I do have a big green mouthed blue in there, but the real deal blue mouthed blue (blueberries) eludes me. Of course my Naoko wrasse always has to be the center of attention lol.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

OP
OP
W

waterbox15aio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few of mine. Some from different sources but a lot from reefgardener. Hard to make out in pics but some unusual morphs along with yellows, greens, golds and pinks along with the usual flaming orange morphs. I do have a big green mouthed blue in there, but the real deal blue mouthed blue (blueberries) eludes me. Of course my Naoko wrasse always has to be the center of attention lol.
Those rics look great. Excited to see what I get. Not excited to see my bank account balance going forward if they're too nice :/

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those rics look great. Excited to see what I get. Not excited to see my bank account balance going forward if they're too nice :/
Yeah, I won't even get into the wallet damage especially since I also got some neglectus shrooms and a few zoas over several orders of rics.

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, what's the season for buying these guys? I love Florida Ricordea, but winter (makes sense) seems completely out of scope. When do they start showing up again, and what are the preferred sites now for good price and color variety?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back