OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up 2 awesome little berghia nudis to take out those annoying aiptasia I've let grow for the paste month or so...
LW9Yxl9.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just Picked up a stunning hovens wrasse and he's in acclimation right now. Here's a pic before I put him in the tank and he darts for the sand
ItqmVKh.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the berghias didn't do very much... I decided to add a bristle tail file fish to take care if them for good lots of people said they helps out with their aptasia no problems, and I used this as an excuse to buy more wrasse hah :bounce: ended up getting a linespot flasher wrasse terminal male and a female eightline wrasse and another exquisite fairy wrasse after my first didn't make it. they are all finished acclimating and have gone into the tank :) here's some pics:

Eightline flasher:
PYmsGlg.jpg

Line spot and eightline flasher:
VUvC2SK.jpg

hopefully the destruction of aptasia will commence with my bristle tail filefish:
q0hx2UD.jpg

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the wrasses and your scape is really awesome! I like it a quite a bit.

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the wrasses and your scape is really awesome! I like it a quite a bit.
Thanks ! I love them too hah they are really awesome fish, they are always moving so it's hard to get a picture that really captures their beauty. I am happy with the way my scape turned out I did my best to recreate overhangs / arches that would be naturally occurring so far my wrasse seem to love it too they got the low overhang to take shelter from the high light and flow under and the open arches that make way to the top overhang and always being used by the wrasse. Especially my linespot flasher it's crazy I never knew they were so maneuverable he darts from one side of the tank over the shelf rock and through the little tunnels I created for them with such agility it's awesome

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched up the scape a little I wanted to get the big pieces of rock out of my sump and wanted to add more places for the wrasse to hide in the display tank. Took some pics so you guys can check it out :)

Front of the tank:
f15vAWG.jpg

Left side:
ISkAzhx.jpg

Right side:
WBOOcCk.jpg

Random fish shots:
4ISMsJY.jpg

mBofeQD.jpg

Jls1Cuf.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High five to the bristletail filefish ! This little guy has been destroying my aiptasia like nothing I'm so happy ! I took some new pics you can compare to the last pics I took so you can see for yourselves how much he cleared out already :) there's barely any left now it's awesome

cdPCQA9.jpg

CnDjt9q.jpg

Mwmddd0.jpg

( this rock used to be outright infested and the filefish has since cleared out every single one on it)

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New wrasse came on this morning got them drip acclimating and then into the box they go
sFwXEWm.jpg

rRmexEF.jpg

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, beautiful reef tank especially the wrass and anthias. tagging along as I am currently setting up a 93g cube tank.

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More fish pics, Because who dosent love them right !

Pink margin and his best buddie the naoko fairy
SaujdYO.jpg

tSZxbHg.jpg

Royal flasher and the pink margin together
44RExJZ.jpg

Group pictures:
4WbHsnm.jpg

tIpUptA.jpg

WxBEUrK.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks it's a shame the rubrimarginatus didn't survive, and I think the naoko is a gonner he's hasent been looking so good the past day but I hope he can pull through ! As for the rubrimarginatus I had to get a replacement, stumbled across a pair of them on LA/DD and purchased them on the spot. They are doing really good so far keeping my fingers crossed they just came in this morning sadly no good pics yet. The female is pretty elusive right now residing under the ball of chaeto in the back of the tank however her boyfriend :bigsmile: he is a stud ! A lot larger than the one I had previously and since he's got a girl to get with I'm hoping he can stay all nice and super male like forever haha

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's has definitely been awhile... A lot has changed & lot stayed the same. I'll go in order of events i remember. I sold some fish to make room for new fish. Added a massive amount of corals to the tank, I'm winning the battle against aiptasia (FINALLY) my water parameters have returned to a normalized state and is currently being tested upon daily to account for drops / fluctuations in my water parameters. Still looking into buying an automatic dosed for ease of use but for now I'll be manually dosing 2 part. Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a brand new 14k Phoenix Hexarc blue DE metal halide bulb for free :p so I switched out my 3-4 year old coralife 20k bulb and wow I can already see a huge difference. I love the crisp white look with overtones of blue, looks so much better than the washed out blue everywhere from the coraline bulb I used to run. Early morning Full tank pictures with new rock scape, corals, and fish to follow. ( just turned in the lights so everything isn't out all the way yet )
Fish in the tank currently :
- potters leopard wrasse
-aiptasia filefish
- Scotts fairy wrasse
-exquisite fairy wrasse
-pink margin fairy wrasse
- Fiji Christmas wrasse

https://imgur.com/a/0TTk4

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 87 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back