OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful setup. love your attention to detail.. you'd have a heart attack if you seen the plumbing and wiring under my 220, lol

Thank you! I appreciate you stopping and checking it out. I won't deny it, I probably would, lol!

looking great :)

Thank you!

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the setup - especially the aquascape and remote sump. That bare naked steel stand is gorgeous. But I'm confused by the drains where they enter the sump - I see valves on two of them and flow sensors on two of them. Which ones are full, partial and emergency?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build, you could use the glass from the hole saw for coasters. Funny your are going to use the nice bathtub for your skimmer. Dude I think you can afford a Utility sink, I wished I had one, no room.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setup so, following along to see your progress. What sort of flow are you getting from your COR pumps thru the readers?

Corey

Snook65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Repeating what the others have already said, but beautiful setup. I cannot wait to see some corals go in.

OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the setup - especially the aquascape and remote sump. That bare naked steel stand is gorgeous. But I'm confused by the drains where they enter the sump - I see valves on two of them and flow sensors on two of them. Which ones are full, partial and emergency?

Thank you so much for the compliments. It's taken alot of careful planning and execution, which is now paying off.
As far as the drains go quite simple really...Valve completely open is full siphon, and has flow monitoring, middle drain is emergency with flow monitoring, Apex is programmed to alert me whenever water hits...and third drain is partial with no monitoring as I expected some air in it which would affect the flow monitor.

Hope that clarifies it you you.

One of the benefits of monitoring the flow rate of the full siphon drain is knowing exactly how much flow is required to get the overflow dead silent, which happens to be 745gph. I can assume the partial drain is around 400gph since both return pumps combined are pushing 1160gph.

OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build, you could use the glass from the hole saw for coasters. Funny your are going to use the nice bathtub for your skimmer. Dude I think you can afford a Utility sink, I wished I had one, no room.

Thank you and what a great idea!
Pretty sure I did say I was kidding about using the tub as a slop sink:D

OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setup so, following along to see your progress. What sort of flow are you getting from your COR pumps thru the readers?

Corey

Thanks Corey! And thanks for stopping by and following along. Im quite happy with the performance of the COR pumps. Have a look...

20181127_013559.jpg

And don't let the 100% on the virtual switch fool you. These pumps are only at 51% output:cool:

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back