Rimless for the long haul

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
51
Location
Alexandria, va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone with rimless tank over 50g for the long haul over 5 years, I am skeptical of rimless tank for the long haul. My current set up is 400g Acrylic with 3/4 panel and top brace I had it for 8 years with normal wear and tear, I like to take vacations so tank has to last. I am looking at IM and Red sea but scare of them for long term, my tank go through abuses power head pushing water, cleaning algae.

20221226_082813.jpg
 
my 2 cents...
I had a RS 650P seams started to bubble RS replaced it right away I traded the new one for some tile work. then order the IM 200 with euro bracing.
if RS had a peninsula S1000 i might have done that too. but even tho i have got a few tanks from them they would not tell me if the play to do the S 1000 in a pen. so i went with IM.

now for you question and its a goon one. I think* and it pure guessing I think it all depending on the stand. I would like to what other say.

PS: I also like vacations too. so tanks need to be built proof.

PSS: hows the acrylic tank? would you go that way over glass again?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new