Rimmed aquarium mounting

Kingkold020

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2020
Messages
230
Reaction score
111
Location
Columbus, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a DIY solution to rimmed aquarium mounting. I never realized how hard it is to get a light that fits on a rimmed aquarium. I was looking to get 2 Aqua kings for my 20 gallon long, but I’ve heard that they don’t fit snug on it. What have you guys done to make your lights fit on your rimmed aquarium? Only things I can’t do are hang them or to try and mount them to the back wall.
 
When I ran AI lightning on my rimmed tank it was a pain to just use the stock mounting. I ended up making a shim out of plastic to help hold it all together.
 
When I ran AI lightning on my rimmed tank it was a pain to just use the stock mounting. I ended up making a shim out of plastic to help hold it all together.
My ai primes held up fine on the rim of a 30 breeder. I used the rigid arm or what ever it’s called.
 
Here is what I did on my rimmed 120 with tslot aluminum.
20210113_165109.jpg
 
I had kessil a on my rimmed tank they mounted up no problem
 
I’m looking for a DIY solution to rimmed aquarium mounting. I never realized how hard it is to get a light that fits on a rimmed aquarium. I was looking to get 2 Aqua kings for my 20 gallon long, but I’ve heard that they don’t fit snug on it. What have you guys done to make your lights fit on your rimmed aquarium? Only things I can’t do are hang them or to try and mount them to the back wall.

The Solution for rimmed tanks. Link below.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/adapter-plate-for-nicrew-100w-to-fit-rimmed-tank.807150/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new