Rinsing dry sand

msobus811

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
Location
north america
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started up my 75 gallon tank and I bought three bags of Caribsea natural reef (don’t meed to rise that) but I bought two bags of dry sand to cut the cost I did rinse the sand for a while but then I put it into my tank just got done filling my tank with Rodi water yesterday and let it be over night the tank is still cloudy but not as bad as yesterday what should I do?!
 
Welcome to R2R!

I'd let it run it course and it will eventually clear up. If you are running a sump, you might want to add some poly filter on the intake to polish your water to remove all the small particulates.
 
5 micron socks in your sump would do wonder. They make tank water crystal clear.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new