rip darth mauls

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 darth mauls which was on the hunt for about a year, finally got them, melted away, idk everything else awesome but them not so much. Dont get it sometimes. Well search for another I guess! :(

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these the darts maul zoas? If so, I keep mine in 80 degree water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a lot of peeps having them melt away?? I run 78 and mine are all good just not growing and its been some time. I have cut at least 60-80 new polyps off my pink n goods next to them over the same time frame.

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats wierd...its been one of the most resilient pieces n my tank. i purchased a single paly at my lfs about 9-10months ago and its grown to about 23 palys now. i have had numerous issues ive dealt with from algea, high nitrates, even big temp swings and its been solid. it was a good mature paly when i first purchased it though. i also bought a single paly of space monster about 5-6months ago and its still the same as when i bought it(it was a small baby 1). get a healthy adult to start with, place it low in the tank

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cut a paly off to start a colony for fraggin and sale and i placed it on my frag rack at the top of the tank and it died in about a week. this one just seems to love the lower light at the very bottom rock in my tank and i even grows new palys into the shaded areas with still has decent color pop

OP
OP
zoajunkie83

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess yoy are one of the lucky ones my friend, ive had nothing but success from everything else in the tank but this bad boy I guess was my match, was given by a friend and was opened at first but just gone, its fine, just find somebody selling one, lfs around here dont have high end zoas, only low end.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darth maul morphs are very picky...... You could have 1 polyp grow into a nice mini colony over 6 months, then one day just start melting. This morph is many zoanthid keepers arch nemesis. :)

palygirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be able to grow the space monsters but not those mauls! I've tried 3 times, from 3 different sources... ugh!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a lot of peeps having them melt away?? I run 78 and mine are all good just not growing and its been some time. I have cut at least 60-80 new polyps off my pink n goods next to them over the same time frame.

Zoas are funny. I have the same problem. Some grow quickly and I have some red ones that look find but haven't grown at all. Go figure.

ugluk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have been growing slow but steady growing a new polyp every month starting with two and now I have around ten. It seems half of them are always closed now but have not had any melting. Its my favorite polyp. My Space Monsters have been growing like crazy.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on my tank i had 1 colony in the middle that grew to 40+ in 5-6 months and when i put new tunzes they all melted :( 2nd colony very high on the right side of my tank It grows 1 baby a month but they're steady and super beautiful. Darth mauls are melters to a lot of people i don't know if they have a timer and at certain time they all melt but a few.

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had them 3 pervious times and lost them. Ones I have now are about 9-10 months old and doing well! (keeping fingers crossed)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back