RIPTIDE AQUACULTURE| Reeftober-Fest| $5 Coral| $1600 in Prizes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sorry about the back door, but I had to sneak in last week to get measurements.
Peek A Boo Surprise GIF by Cricket Wireless
i knew something seemed...fishy...

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Flash Contest Alert!
Share this Facebook post on any social media platform for a chance to win a $30 gift card!
Screen shot your post and you will be entered to win for each social media site you share on!

LeeLoo Lola

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got two extremely tiny mandarin fish today. They are so tiny.

10349385-0BF6-475A-B3DA-B5772604B997.jpeg

Now just need my new corals to along with them.
That’ll probably be my last addition as I want an overload on my pod population first. They are my absolute favorite though. Plus, I just added like 15 fish in the last month. Eek!

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’ll probably be my last addition as I want an overload on my pod population first. They are my absolute favorite though. Plus, I just added like 15 fish in the last month. Eek!
Probably never happen in my tank... 3 Halichoeres wrasses and 2 Springeri Damsels.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_8899.jpeg
My newest additions are 2 watanabe angels. They are very small too. I can’t wait for one to become a male!!
I need an Angel to help control sponges. I was hoping to go Swallowtail or something but the Genicanthus don't eat sponges so... Still watching for a Lamarck's eventually anyway.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I want a melanurus but afraid my timor wrasse may get abusive when it finally transitions. Right now it's one of the most friendly fish I have.
Never know. Always have to have a backup plan. I have a Mel, he's transitioning and the largest of the 3. I have a Leucoxanthus female (she may be getting some green in the face so may be transitioning soon) and a pure juvenile Garnoti. She's like 2 inches if that. Mel and Leuco are in the 5"+ range. Leuco is still torpedo shaped And mostly yellow with the white belly starting to turn pink.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Never know. Always have to have a backup plan. I have a Mel, he's transitioning and the largest of the 3. I have a Leucoxanthus female (she may be getting some green in the face so may be transitioning soon) and a pure juvenile Garnoti. She's like 2 inches if that. Mel and Leuco are in the 5"+ range. Leuco is still torpedo shaped And mostly yellow with the white belly starting to turn pink.
I thought about a leucox, colors are different enough from the Timor. Or a chrysus.

LeeLoo Lola

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a melanurus but afraid my timor wrasse may get abusive when it finally transitions. Right now it's one of the most friendly fish I have.
I just gave my friend a huge, beautiful, fat melanurus. I like a CUC and it devoured every snail and would rip hermits from their shells throwing the shell across the tank. He is happy in his new 450 gallon tank at least.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just gave my friend a huge, beautiful, fat melanurus. I like a CUC and it devoured every snail and would rip hermits from their shells throwing the shell across the tank. He is happy in his new 450 gallon tank at least.
Mine leaves most of my CUC alone which is odd since it's mainly Stomatellas...

LeeLoo Lola

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine leaves most of my CUC alone which is odd since it's mainly Stomatellas...
Good for you! I was a little sad because it truly was a happy, healthy beauty. It was like that with my CUC from Day 1. We had him well over a year with no improvement. We’ve been using The Plank auto feeder which feeds the fish 8 times a day (plus we do Nori and mysis a few times a week) to help the others be respectful citizens! Lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back