OP
Alexander1312

Alexander1312

View Badges
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not if you’re not dosing zinc specifically. I figured you were. You’re dosing all the individual elements, but not zinc?
Yes, correct. No Zinc dosing, but almost all other individual elements that Triton provides.

OP
OP
Alexander1312

Alexander1312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be a metal pipe clamp? IICR they can have zinc involved.
It’s a small 26-gallon nano that does not need clamps, just a Red Sea skimmer pump, a return pump, and a couple of MP10s. I am assuming that something that I am adding contains ZINC.

chonsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, hmm - I'm curious on this as well, my ICP came back with higher ZINC as well, I gathered it was my clamps.

OP
OP
Alexander1312

Alexander1312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, hmm - I'm curious on this as well, my ICP came back with higher ZINC as well, I gathered it was my clamps.

So, possibly a conclusion of this thread is the following: I mentioned earlier that I started dosing Tropic Marin NP Bacto Balance. According to Tropic Marin, NP Bacto Balance contains the TP Trace Elements K+, which contains Zinc for trace element dosing purposes. My Zinc was already at around 10, which combined with approx. two weeks of a daily small dose of NP BActo Balance could have brought up the Zinc to this level. If there are any other views, I would love to hear them.

Dorsetsteve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, possibly a conclusion of this thread is the following: I mentioned earlier that I started dosing Tropic Marin NP Bacto Balance. According to Tropic Marin, NP Bacto Balance contains the TP Trace Elements K+, which contains Zinc for trace element dosing purposes. My Zinc was already at around 10, which combined with approx. two weeks of a daily small dose of NP BActo Balance could have brought up the Zinc to this level. If there are any other views, I would love to hear them.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I clicked on this thread because I’ve had very similar issues myself in the past. When you have multiple sources of traces going in, if one of those traces is not taken up as quickly as added it’s going to accumulate.

Personally. I’d run some carbon, do some water changes and stop adding Bacto Balance. Review the results in a month.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back