Ritteri and Ocellaris cam - enjoy

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://bit.ly/1UYHULW

Best time to watch is 11am-6pm ET when the flow is ramped up in both directions and lighting is high. The ritteri really spreads out and puffs up. The clown pair will play all day long in it. The larger of the 3 adult ochre-striped cardinals will occasionally hang out in front the camera though since there's an eddy current there and it's easier for them to just chill. Just come back after 20 or 30 minutes and they'll likely have moved to another part of the tank.

If you catch me adjusting rocks or corals later in the evening feel free to laugh at me trying to keep Mr Wiggles (the male) off me. He attacks me now, ferociously and will follow and attack the magfloat too. LOL

OP
OP
Ryengoth

Ryengoth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... he has decided he does not like that location and now prefers the bottom. :rolleyes:
I've relocated him twice due to him resting between the glass and the rock and he still wanders down to the bottom.
I'm not sure if I want to adjust the lights and relocate again or just change the camera position. There are no coral at the bottom, though.

OP
OP
Ryengoth

Ryengoth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nem is back up top draping off both sides of a peak against the back. Some of it is visible in the camera now and the clowns are roaming around in front of the camera more. feeding time in a few

OP
OP
Ryengoth

Ryengoth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved back down again. I can't tell if it's too much light, too much flow or not enough flow. I'm leaving everything as-is for a week and see what happens. The green metallic hammer is out of the way now. I don't want it dead, LOL.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the best luck providing a fairly large, slightly concave, plate of rock for the foot. I've started all my ritteri low and they always climbed higher towards light as they saw fit. They can definitely handle high light and a decent amount of flow, so try to get a spot like that and place a flat rock there. Hopefully it'll stay put then!
24916263456_c1d83bca8d_b.jpg

OP
OP
Ryengoth

Ryengoth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that initially at about 16" from the lights and it stayed there for a while looking just like that but eventually started roaming around, regardless of how I positioned the pedestal. It's up on the back now, against the overflow. :rolleyes:

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much flow and what direction do you have on it?

How big/flat was the piece of rock? My rock is at least 14" x 10", so it's pretty comfy. He sits about 5" from a Gyre XF150 set to pulse and IIRC 6-7 "dots" on the speed. That ritt has been there for about 8+ months, at the highest point of the tank (rock was placed specifically for him) and about 250-300 par. As soon as I get off my lazy butt, he'll be getting a bunch more light :D

OP
OP
Ryengoth

Ryengoth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a 12" flat, teardrop shaped rock, tilted some to make it have a peak for him to drape over each side.
Well with the 2 Hydra 52s it's not a light issue at the height it was at. I'm thinking it was the rock shape. There is plenty of cross flow right over that spot from the 2 WAV modules, but maybe it is too much.

OP
OP
Ryengoth

Ryengoth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-positioned and stuck. Took me about 15 minutes to get his foot off the glass. Stubborn one.

aereaus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wilmington eh? Ever visit the fish room down there?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 140 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back