RKE: PC4 rebooting and Error 01on Screen

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, Im and already bought my RKE need your help! My head unit doesnt start the controller. Its showing a message 01:Error and the PC4 is rebooting a lot of times. The unit is hooked on SL1 with temp and pH probes. I tried hook the unit on PC4 and the Error Still showing.
I noticed that my Head unit sometimes freeze, to slow... or stop comunication and need to be rebooted to come back.
How can I solve This issue??? My firmware is 2.09 and I dont have a SID.

Thanks

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a RKE versin 1, RKE version 2 or a RKE Titanium? If you had a SID you could try updating the firmware if it is a RKE vesion 2 or a RKE Titanium. The latest firmware is a variant of version 3. Do you have more than one PC4? If so try each one separately with just the head unit connected. If this has PC4's and an SL1 in can't be new. It has been a few years since DA made the PC4 or SL1.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very disappointed with Digital Aquatics. I bought my controller and I can not use it due to Errors that seem much more common than I thought. I have been waiting for more than 40 days for the approval of my registration in the Digital Aquatics support forum and until now nothing. They also does not respond to my emails. Im very disappointed!

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a version 2. I tried each one of my 3 PC4 and nothing, same Error. I bought uses, but was working before.
pmdGCjHLj

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it is the head unit. It could be the soldier connections to the RJ connector. Do you know someone that can check this for you that has experience with soldiering tools.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks normal inside. I take out the battery and put again, nothing change...

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it let you do a reset to factory defaults, all? This will erase all programming.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I tried different cables, more them 3. How I can reset If the Unit doesnt respond? There are another way? The Head Unit dont start with options. Is freeze.
Yesterday after millions of resets in PC4 the system started, but very slow and frozen the image several times. soon after the error came again.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just asking. I was not sure how long it was working before locking up. I would ask if you could update the firmware, but that cannot happen without a SID and that may not work either.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured there might be some conflict due to the configuration of the previous owner. but as soon as I could start the system on First time I did a reset to manufacture defauts and it worked, after that I was able to configure using only one PC4 hooked and the others appeared as an error, probably because they were not plugged in. After a few days in use this Error 01 occurred. I plugged one of the PC4's into the wall outlet and it's working alone on CH1, the others PC4 only keeping flash the status Orange led. I do not have SID and I live in Brazil. I'll have to import one and wait until I get there. I do not see any other alternative.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like someone may have updated the firmware on the PC4's at the same time. If that is the case all but one will have to have an interrupted update done to them. Make sure an hook up one module at a time to the SID to update the firmware. You will also need to download myReef to a PC to use the SID. All the systems come with a SID. I guess the one with your system got lost by the previous owner.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may have happened. I'm going to buy Sid straight from DA. I am constantly checking on fórum if someone would have one for sale, as well as the probe for salinity which is the only one left to complete my setup. I appreciate your attention, do you provide technical support for DA?

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one doubt, the SID is a simple USB to RJ11 adapter? If is, Will be easy find one.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to buy the SID module but on the DA website there is no possibility because they shipp to Basil

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not find a possibility to buy a SID, the stores I've seen like BRS and Marine Depot dont have and DA do not ship to Brazil.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back