Rms mount

fbodykiller

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
545
Reaction score
64
Location
Madisonville, Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently purchase 2x RMS mounts for my XR15pro's. I had an issue with one of the links which ecotech quickly sent out replacements. Overall the mounts are sturdy and look pretty good however could be improved IMO. I attempted to use a bolt thru to the backside with a wingnut but am not a fan of the look. I attached a pic of this. I think there should be a stud mounted to the slide piece in which the bolt comes thru and a wing nut on the backside. So what if the bolt sticks out of the backside. If it were done like this, you would see nothing but the flat plastic mount inside the tank instead of a bolt that sticks 1" into the tank with a little black cover that seems like an afterthought. I am debating on using some allthread and epoxying over the existing hole to take away from that eyesore. Its not a huge issue just think an oversight on something that could look a lot cleaner.

969643ee2e6a1277abe532cecaf25d8e_zps16132b88.jpg
 
I just recently purchase 2x RMS mounts for my XR15pro's. I had an issue with one of the links which ecotech quickly sent out replacements. Overall the mounts are sturdy and look pretty good however could be improved IMO. I attempted to use a bolt thru to the backside with a wingnut but am not a fan of the look. I attached a pic of this. I think there should be a stud mounted to the slide piece in which the bolt comes thru and a wing nut on the backside. So what if the bolt sticks out of the backside. If it were done like this, you would see nothing but the flat plastic mount inside the tank instead of a bolt that sticks 1" into the tank with a little black cover that seems like an afterthought. I am debating on using some allthread and epoxying over the existing hole to take away from that eyesore. Its not a huge issue just think an oversight on something that could look a lot cleaner.

I haven't used these, yet, but I think I understand what you are saying. The horizontal movement doesn't have a way to secure it into position?

This would be a concern for me also, as I would like to hang the Multi Light RMS. If one side were to fail, the lights would all slide to that side and potentially into the tank.
 
Ohh, I get it now..... I'll have to get my hands on one of these. From what you are saying, that would bother me too.
 
I agree, this is the worst thing about the mount. Either that or just supply different length bolts for the thickness of glass
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new