Rms mount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fbodykiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently purchase 2x RMS mounts for my XR15pro's. I had an issue with one of the links which ecotech quickly sent out replacements. Overall the mounts are sturdy and look pretty good however could be improved IMO. I attempted to use a bolt thru to the backside with a wingnut but am not a fan of the look. I attached a pic of this. I think there should be a stud mounted to the slide piece in which the bolt comes thru and a wing nut on the backside. So what if the bolt sticks out of the backside. If it were done like this, you would see nothing but the flat plastic mount inside the tank instead of a bolt that sticks 1" into the tank with a little black cover that seems like an afterthought. I am debating on using some allthread and epoxying over the existing hole to take away from that eyesore. Its not a huge issue just think an oversight on something that could look a lot cleaner.

969643ee2e6a1277abe532cecaf25d8e_zps16132b88.jpg

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently purchase 2x RMS mounts for my XR15pro's. I had an issue with one of the links which ecotech quickly sent out replacements. Overall the mounts are sturdy and look pretty good however could be improved IMO. I attempted to use a bolt thru to the backside with a wingnut but am not a fan of the look. I attached a pic of this. I think there should be a stud mounted to the slide piece in which the bolt comes thru and a wing nut on the backside. So what if the bolt sticks out of the backside. If it were done like this, you would see nothing but the flat plastic mount inside the tank instead of a bolt that sticks 1" into the tank with a little black cover that seems like an afterthought. I am debating on using some allthread and epoxying over the existing hole to take away from that eyesore. Its not a huge issue just think an oversight on something that could look a lot cleaner.

I haven't used these, yet, but I think I understand what you are saying. The horizontal movement doesn't have a way to secure it into position?

This would be a concern for me also, as I would like to hang the Multi Light RMS. If one side were to fail, the lights would all slide to that side and potentially into the tank.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh, I get it now..... I'll have to get my hands on one of these. From what you are saying, that would bother me too.

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, this is the worst thing about the mount. Either that or just supply different length bolts for the thickness of glass

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back