Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reeders,
RTN , can’t change subject line .

yesterday I noticed one of my large SPS colonies that I had for over two years was melting away and then this morning the whole thing look like it was melting and gooey...

then noticing it’s also spreading to my other colony near it I remove both colonies and the one that was also being affected I flagged it the best I could dipped in iodine.

no swings in any chemistry the only thing I can think of is I added five new hammerheads from someone else’s tank that I did dip and Bayer solution and I also added GFO and carbon reactor for the first time four weeks ago I don’t know if that could cause it but after four weeks I would think that it’s not the GFO as my phosphates are still 0.12.

anyone else think it’s the GFO or could be the new corals I added as a bacterial infection I hope it doesn’t spread to my other SPS colonies?

thanks

DE73B47F-D3B4-456D-A27B-D28075BA08D5.jpeg 6DC949C5-2BA8-4EC8-8A4D-7706393317CE.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you show pics under white light? All visible is dark blue

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s gooey it’s not rtn, its most likely a brown jelly disease. Check your ph, was there a serious dip, also check your pumps was your flow off or are your pump not working properly ?

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very gooey,
If it’s gooey it’s not rtn, its most likely a brown jelly disease. Check your ph, was there a serious dip, also check your pumps was your flow off or are your pump not working properly ?
It was very gooey, I did not know sps can get brown jelly disease.

my flow is running fine it seems, nothing changed with that.

I’ll check my Ph now

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back